Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Introduction to Major Writing Assignment

Have you ever had a topic that you were passionate about but had a hard time describing to others? My “hot topic” is Scientific Creationism. Through our 2nd major writing assignment , The Definition Essay, I was able to effectively clarify Scientific Creationism through the writing process, by using the strategies of what is my topic; scientific creationism is a theory on the origin of the universe, what makes up my topic; scientific creationism is built on 9 principles, and associating my topic with recognizable ideas; the opposing theory on the origin of the universe is the popular theory of Darwinian evolution, and also presenting the history of my topic; scientific creationism originates from the ancient book of Genesis and is included in the writings of some of the most accomplished scientists throughout history.

1 comment:

  1. I think all of your writing is pretty well written. I can too agree with writing about something you truly believe in as in my MWA about Capital Punishment. You definitely clarified your point of view of Scientific Creationism with strong factual information that made it interesting for me to read and follow along.

    ReplyDelete