Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Reflection Letter

My name is Tammy Maine; I am forty-three and a first year student at Everett Community College, I am loving it! I graduated from high school in 1983 and then joined the workforce, I currently have a solid position with a reputable employer from which I could retire in twenty years or so but I feel there is a side of me that I have not explored, I have always loved the written arts, and feel like I have potential in the areas of journalism, screenplay writing, authoring, poetry, or songwriting, yet I know I lack the skills required to do my best in them, and so here I am.
My main thought on the past quarter of English 98 is that I am just scratching the surface in the art of writing techniques. I have found the essay outline patterns, as well as the dos and don’ts, along with the suggestions and strategies I have learned to be extremely beneficial. Although at first I was intimidated by the vast variety of venues Professor Phen assigned I now very much appreciate her creativity in the art of exploration. I feel I have gained analytical skills from mining through” three cups of tea” seminars, I have the heart to write now I feel I am gaining the mouth to speak.
The 4 portfolio pieces I have chosen are all ones in which I received a perfect score on or am extremely satisfied with as my overwhelming goal is to learn and master the art of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment